- Find general info about renting a car in Mexico city airport.
- 1st day the trip goes from the 190 road to Oaxaca. Oaxaca is a state in southern Mexico known for its indigenous cultures. Its capital city of the same name is noted for colonial buildings often made of green volcanic stone. In the main square, El Zócalo stands the baroque Catedral de Oaxaca. Beyond the city, pre-Columbian archaeological sites include Mitla, Yagul, and Monte Albán, the Zapotec capital dating to around 500 B.C. Where she stayed at the Victoria Hotels. Road to Oaxaca is Motorway with a lot of stops with coffee places and toll roads. Toll roads are mostly paid with cash.
- 2nd day Oaxaca to Hierve el Aqua. Hierve el Agua is a set of natural rock formations in the Mexican state of Oaxaca that resemble cascades of water. The site is located about 70 km east of Oaxaca city, past Mitla, in the municipality of San Lorenzo Albarradas, with a narrow, winding unpaved road leading to the site. There was the limestone pools. After the purifying dip into the pools, the trip continued to Puerto Escondido but at the city of Miahuatlán de Porfirio Diaz
The car was refilled and they told in the car rental place that the car is diesel. well, the car was petrol so it stalled in this city. Luckily she found a mechanic who then fixed the car in 3 hrs. There is a saying in Mexico “don’t stay outside in Mexico when it’s dark and most definitely don’t drive during the dark”. There is a lot of road robberies going on in Mexico. When the car was running again she crossed the mountains San Pedro el Alto.
- 200km trip took 5 hrs so you know how twisted and full of curves the road was.
- 3rd day at 01.00 she arrived at the airb&b in Puerto Escondido that she had booked.
Puerto Escondido is a port town and resort on Mexico’s Pacific coast in the state of Oaxaca. It’s known for its many beaches and buzzing nightlife. The town’s central Principal Beach is lined with palm trees and thatch-roofed bars. Busy Zicatela Beach is renowned for its Mexican Pipeline surf break. Neighboring La Punta Beach has smaller waves. Carrizalillo Beach is set in a cove backed by steep cliffs.